Mazz Guest

Default Traveling to Florida for vacation - Rent or ship?

We are taking a vacation to Florida from Ohio. We will be staying at a friends home. I am not sure whether we should ship highchair, pack & play etc or rent from a local place. Any suggestions?

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Traveling to Florida for vacation - Rent or ship?

For a pack 'n play, if you aren't using the bassinett feature anymore and just need a basic one, you can get them at Walmart for under $40. It would probably be cheaper to buy one there or lug your own than to rent one if you are staying more than a weekend. We usually make do without a highchair but you can also get one of those feeding boosters for around $30 or less that go on a regular chair. We just had my DD sit on the table in front of us and we fed her that way.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Mazz Guest

Default RE: Traveling to Florida for vacation - Rent or ship?

Thanks everyone. Based upon the suggestions and the fact that we are going for 8 days, we are going to take our pack n play with us (we already have 2 at home, one for upstairs and one for down, so I don't need to purchase another). We are going to buy a hairchair when we get there and then ship it home. We need one for my MIL's house anyway. She wants me to use one of those old ones she has in the attic (no straps or safety features). This will be a good reason to say "oh, let's just use this new one we bought on vacation."

22 days to vacation! Yeah. BTW, to be safe we purchased a ticket so our DD could sit in her car seat on the plane even though she could sit on my lap. I don't want to be the Britney Spears of the sky! :) LOL

Thanks for the suggestions.