flagger Guest

Default Can I be a proof reader?

I am enjoying the book so far, when I get a chance to get through it. Same humourous style as the past books, but I would love to be a proofreader for you guys one day.

"Bonsu section"??? ;)

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Can I be a proof reader?

Yes, I have seen several typos in Baby Bargains (version 5.0). The Fields' need a better editor/proofreader. I've seen at least 4 errors in the copy. While the book is still great, the errors detract from its image as a knowledge leader.

While the books have a ton of information, each edition should be read and proofread, cover to cover.

KBecks

P.S. Alan and Denise, I'm assuming you've caught the errors by now, but if you want page numbers and specific references, just let us know.

I agree with KBecks, and I've found a lot more than just 4 typos in the version I bought Summer of 2007. Baby Bargains is a great book but all those typos really do take away from the book's credibility. I can help proofread too!

I found the book very helpful, but was distracted by the typos and outdated page references in the text (i.e., "see page ## for more", where the page number given was not correct). I've done a lot of copyediting and layout work, and this made me crazy!