Cade S Guest

Default Introducing bottles to stubborn babies and Schedules

I'd like to have more information regarding introducing the bottle of expressed milk to a STUBBORN baby. My son will only take an ounce and basically starve himself until I feed him. I'd wish there was information like if this was ok for him to do, how long do we let him hold out until he gives in or I give in to feed him etc...
    I am just worried that he's not getting enough to eat in a day.

In addition, how and when can I put my BF on demand son on a schedule especially when I head back to work? It would be helpful for a sample schedule to be inserted to give first time moms an idea or what to do. (Of course this is for babies that are well past the newborn stage.)

PJAlama Guest

Default RE: Schedules

how frequent is "on-demand" for your kid?
    i started feeding by clock when my kid was 2 - 3 weeks old, because "demand" was incessant, & even feeding on demand did not satisfy him. for us, the first step was "not more than 1 feeding in 2 hrs." how we got him to wait: 1. pacifiers; 2. letting him cry if necessary. after 2 weeks of intense pacifier use, he figured out how to comfort himself with a thumb. he's been a cheerful boy since then.

so my suggestion is, buy some pacifiers & start w/ a schedule not too far from where you are now.

re bottles: my son will not take one from me, but will take one from Daddy.

good luck
    pauline
    nakking again