nyce2000 Guest

Default Formula AKA Coke

I have used Bridal Bargains, Baby Bargains, and am now using Baby411 and for the most part am very satisfied with the info and writing style. Can't wait to get Toddler Bargains!

I would like to make a plea to you to please, please consider deleting the reference to formula being like Coke, Diet Coke, etc. in your future editions. As an adoptive mother, I understand that there are many aspects of baby books that I will have to disregard (childbirth chapters, breastfeeding, maternity clothes, etc.). However, in those chapters that DO apply to me, I would appreciate some good, unbiased, nonjudgemental information.

As any mother, I want to give my baby the best. Breastfeeding, while I fully support it, was not an option in my case. I'm sure you would not give your baby Coke as nutrution. I know that you were just quoting another author who came up with this analogy, but I'm sure there are other ways to explain the differences in formula without making it sound like junk food.

Default RE: Formula AKA Coke

Hi!

Thanks for using the message boards.

Thanks too for letting us know about your concerns with the section on baby formula in Baby 411.

Well, we didn't mean to offend there. Our intention was NOT to equate formula with junk food.

Instead, that metaphor is merely to use a commonly known product example (Coke) to explain line extensions within the formula industry (ie soy formula, DHA added formula, etc.). As you know from reading the book, we do not disaparage moms who choose to formula feed.

Hope that helps,

Denise Fields
    author, BABY 411