Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Whole milk and sleep ???

Just to clarify, it mostly seemed to be kids who had switched to 1% that were having troubles, not those that switched to 2%. I just switched Sarah up to 2% from 1% and hope that I am able to duplicate Jen's success with Meghan!!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Well, you guys can pooh-pooh my theory all you want, but ITS WORKING!!!!!! After one full day on 2% milk, she slept from 7:30 to 7:30 (instead of 6:30-6:00) last night and is STILL napping after two hours!!!

I wonder if the drop from whole milk to 1% was just too big a drop in fat all at once. And after analyzing her diet, I also realized that the vast majority of fat in her diet does come from milk, so maybe I shouldn't be in such a rush to get down to one gallon of milk in the refrigerator just yet.

Woo hoo!!! Let's just hope it repeats itself tomorrow! :)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

atlbaby Guest

Whoohoo! I for one think that your theory may be right! Had you gone straight from whole milk down to 1% or did you have her on 2% for a time before this change in her sleeping patterns? Do most peds recommend that after a child turns two they go to 1% or is 2% fine too? Because after your experience with Sarah I don't think I want to move from 2% to 1% any time soon!

Hope today goes just as well...And I find on days when Arielle has playgoup she is so zonked afterwards that she takes nice, long naps.:)

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
    #2 EDD 10/24/03:)

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

All right, that settles it, I'm going to give Colin cream!! (Just kidding. :) )

I hope it keeps working!

I pretty much went straight from whole to 1%. At the 2 year appointment, the ped said 1% or 2% at this age. I said we (meaning DH and I) drink 1% and he said that was fine. But 2% was also fine in his book too. I think they just want to cut back from whole milk, since they start needing fewer calories at this age.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2