We just came from playtime group at the library, where I was eavesdropping on a conversation between a few other mothers I vaguely know. They were discussing where to get shoes for their toddlers (all around two) The brands mentioned were Elefanten, Stride Rite, etc, and who had them for the best prices, Marshalls, independant local shoe stores. One mother said that she would not buy shoes at Marshalls because " the worst thing you can do is buy shoes that don't fit right", and she wants her child measured.

How important is this really? I asked my pediatrician about it, and he did not seem to think that I was harming her buy shopping at Payless. I am an educated person, and want to do whats best for her, and do not cheap out where it is important, however, I think its silly to pay $45 for one pair of shoes when I can get her three for the same price. But is this the worst thing that I can do???

Its hard to get a straight answer, I mean they are not going to tell you at the shoe store, right?