Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: What do you do with dc when you shower?

LOL! Colin loves tampons too! He would pull them out of the box one by one and throw them on the floor. We have locks on the cabinet now. :) I'll let him play with a lot of non-toys but I just couldn't bring myself to let him play with those.

jojo2324 Guest

I close the gate to our hallway, blocking the stairs, close all the bedroom doors, bring a basket of toys into the hallway, and let him run around. It doesn't work, because inevitably he'll wind up sliding the doors to the tub open and getting soaked, along with the bathroom floor. It's a real PITA sometimes, because he can get out of his high chair WITH the straps on, so I can't leave him downstairs with the TV on. Also, if he's with me in the bathroom, I have to clear the entire floor space of the trash can, scale, toilet brush, take the toilet paper off the roll, and put it all up on our rather small sink area.

He usually takes a nap around 10, so I try my hardest to get in then, but sometimes I do go a day without a wash down. :)

lukkykatt Guest

What is it with tampons? I thought that DS was the only odd one. I now keep them in a ziploc bag so he can't wreck them all.

Here is the list of my shower options:
    1) Shower before the boys wake up (when possible)
    2) Work out while my older son is in preschool and shower while both boys take their naps
    3) Put on a video and take a REALLY fast shower (my 16 month old will only sit still for so long before he comes to find me) OR
    4) Gate the stairs and shut the bedroom doors except my older son's room, which is incredibly child proofed. Pull out the Thomas train set and take a shower. This is a very messy option.
    5) Every once in a while, if I work out at night I take a shower then and just get dressed in the morning. I am really much more of a morning shower gal, though.

twins r fun Guest

My preferred shower option is to take it at night, but I very rarely do this. Second is to set my alarm and get up before the boys or jump in the shower right when I hear them wake up (they are content in their cribs for awhile). If I haven't done either of these and really need a shower, I will put a video in and leave them roaming free to watch it, but take a super quick shower. Or I'll wait until they nap. And then there's the days where a shower just doesn't happen. It used to be (even post kids, but when they would still take a morning nap) that I wouldn't go a day without taking a shower, now showering every other day seems reasonable and I only start to freak out on the third day!

I try to take one before DH leaves but that doesn't usually work out. I close the bedroom door and try to time my shower with the Wiggles. I leave the bathroom door open (master bath) and take as fast a shower as possible. I do the same thing when I get ready in the morning. DS gets quite angry when the hair dryer is too loud and he can't hear the tv...LOL.. He usually comes in to say hi at least once and then goes back to watching tv or playing with some toys we keep in a basket on the floor. And then there are the days when Mommy doesn't get a shower at all...yuck :( That is when night time showering comes in...lol...
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

raynjen Guest

My DD showers with me. She really likes playing at the "dry" end of the tub (the end nearest the drain) with her bath toys. In fact, she likes it so much that she begs to be included when anyone showers! She still showers with my DH - we haven't really decided when that becomes inappropriate, I guess we'll play it by ear.

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2