Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CherylT Guest

Default RE: Thanks Ladies for the Preschool post!

I agree - I can't imagine my DD having to switch now that she's so attached to 'Miss Judy'. If it helps any, most of the schools I checked out near me (and those of friends that I've spoken to in more populus areas) had classes divided by age and then AM or PM. Our school has a 3's AM, 3's PM, 4's AM, and 4's PM so the kids are able to keep going to our school (with the same teacher) until Kindergarten at 5 yo. Also, all the schools I checked out had 3's attending either 2 or 3 days per week and 4's attending either 3 or 4 days per week. Our school is only 2 days per week for 3's and 3 days per week for 4's, but the 4's class is a little longer timewise (and a bit more expensive). While I wish that DD could go more days per week, I really love the school and the teacher and wouldn't switch now. HTH

Cheryl
    SAHM to Lilli 9/20/00 & Alec 10/21/02

blnony Guest

Thats a neat set up. The programs around here unfortunately don't keep the same teacher for all ages.
    As the children graduate to the next level their teachers change but they stay at the same facility, which I guess is nice. But the 2 and 3 year old program is MWF 8:30-11:30 and the 4 year and pre-kindergarten for kids that are 5 but not in kindergarten is 4 or 5 days a week (you can choose) 8:30-2:45; so I guess there is a big jump between the 3 year old program and the 4 year old program here. I really like the set up you have though.

Hi there!
    I was wondering if the preschool Sarah is attending is Discovery Isle. I have been on a waiting list for a spot at their younger 2 program. If you are indeed "involved" with DI, I would love to know what your experience with them has been. Thanks. Kellie

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No, I've never heard of DI. My DD attends a preschool run by my local Jewish Community Center. But here are the things I really like about it:

they offer 2 classes for 2 year olds, so you can get in a more developmentally appropriate class

the teachers are all very loving and caring

the program is does not push children in any way

they are very knowledgeable about child development (you'd think that would be a given, but it really isn't...)

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2