naynaysmom Guest

Default Help! I need ideas for how/where to sell my Rainbow Play set!!!

I thought if anyone would have some ideas for me, you gals definitely would!
    I am moving to a bigger house here in San Diego, but unfortunately it has a smaller yard, so I have to part with my beloved Rainbow play system since it just won't fit. Haven't broken the news to DS just yet, but I still have a couple months to decide how to break it to him gently. :-(
    Any ideas of where would be the best place to advertise it? I thought of the newspaper or eBay, but it didn't appear that there was much of a market for swing sets there. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Default RE: Help! I need ideas for how/where to sell my Rainbow Play set!!!

Any chance that the people buying your house would want to buy it? :)

mom2kandj Guest

Try Craigslist.org. Posting an ad is free and it wouldn't hurt! HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie (almost 3!)
    & Jack (19 months)

Oh my, cannot you not size it down somehow?

Have you tried speaking with a rainbow dealer? maybe they would know of someone interested or possibly ways to alter it to get it to fit in your new yard.

Gosh i could never part with my er...the kids ;) rainbow playground...gl what a tough thing.

:)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

naynaysmom Guest

Well, we are renting right now (we're military and just found out we will be staying here for another tour...thus our decision to finally buy something) and the landlords don't want our play set. There is no way to downsize it, but a different model will fit our new yard, so I will be probably replacing this one with a different Rainbow Play System....such a great product with the lifetime guarantee and the wood is so durable. Picture me trying to convince DH that we need to sell ours only to make room for another one!!! LOL!!! So far, he seems to be on board since he knows just how much my 4 yr old loves to play on our existing one...and I need it for my sanity..."Can you just go outside and play for a while, hun?!?!" :-)
    Thanks for all the ideas....I will try craigslist.org, too!

Jeanmick Guest

The Parent Connection through Scripps Hospital puts out a monthly newsletter and in the back there are classified ads of people selling things. Maybe you might try them. I recall a couple of ads for the Rainbow system over the past few years that I've been a member. Here's their website: http://www.scripps.org/parentconnection

If that doesn't work, try calling their number at 858-626-6944. Good luck.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

sell it to us!!!! ;-)

I'm glad you asked, b/c I was thinking that many would be in your situation, so I keep hoping to find a place I can get a 2nd hand one...I'll check craigslist, I should have thought of that.

Another place would be any local parenting mags...like here we have LA Parent...do you have a Pennysaver? They have a kids' section.

naynaysmom Guest

Let me know if you are interested....I haven't listed it anywhere yet since Christmas is coming up so fast. It is a full-sized Rainbow Castle with the tire swing underneath, two swings plus disc swing and swinging monkey bar and rope ladder. It has a green canopy and yellow slide. It is under 3 yrs old and is in great condition since we stain it yearly with the special stain Rainbow sells you. I'd be happy to email you pictures if you are interested. Otherwise, I will plan on using some of the ideas the other ladies suggested after Christmas is over to advertise it. :-)
    Thanks a bunch!

- Kelly