Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: What did you get for Mom's Day?

uhm...your OUTSIDE doors?

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. =( Sometimes Hubby's just aren't on the same wavelength as we are (like when I hinted for MONTHS about how it was SO cute on a baby story when a son & father gave the "new" mommy a ring for a baby gift to commemorate the occasion).

lukkykatt Guest

Congratulations, Hallie! You definitely got the best Mother's Day present there is.

We went to my mother's house and spent the day with my mother, grandmother, aunt, great aunt and DH's parents. It was a wonderful day - the only sad part is that DH's mother has alzheimer's and no longer knows who we are. But she was in very good spirits and loved seeing the boys.

First thing in the morning, the boys woke my up with their gifts - DH had taken them to the Dollar Store so I got some very interesting things :) Luckily DH talked my older son out of getting me the sword that he had his eye on! And DH gave me a great gift - a room at a hotel this weekend so I can order room service and sleep in! I am very excited about it, but keep having these fears that I am going to wake up at 7am regardless! We'll see...

tippy Guest

ALL BY YOURSELF????!!!!????

lukkykatt Guest

YES!!! Can you believe it?

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yup. I know, I know...

Neither my DH or I have ever had locked, even growing up. (We leave our keys in the car too.)

But I am reformed. We will lock!!

I mentioned this at playgroup and found out that very few people lock their doors. So I an not alone in my stupidity.
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

Jeanmick Guest

Hummm...let's see. Prior to Mom's Day: Did the shopping for my mother and MIL (a card and gift) and two SIL's who are my children's godmothers (bought a small token gift and a card for each of them). Morning of Mother's Day: Gather the family's swimming articles (i.e., bathing suits, towels, sunscreen) so we could swim in the pool at my SIL's house to celebrate Mother's Day for my MIL. Had to bring a side dish as well so our early morning's shot getting ready.

Got home in the PM and had to get dinner ready to celebrate Mother's Day for my own mother 'cause we couldn't go to the brunch at my DB's house because it was going on at the same time as my SIL's shindig.

As for Mother's Day for me? Got a couple of cards from my DD and DH that he went shopping for when all of us went to Target the day before Mother's Day. Gifts? None. Anytime devoted to me for Mother's Day? None. Am I still feeling a bit bummed about it all? Selfish of me to admit, but, yeah. <<Sigh>> Oh well...maybe next year.

Edited for grammar

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I really don't think you are being selfish! YOU are the MOTHER now. They are the GRANDMOTHERS. There has to be a grandmother day. I'll put a call into Hallmark and find out when it is...
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

tippy Guest

Lucky girl!!! ENJOY! I think I would spend at least 3/4 of my time luxuriating in the bath! Have a bon-bon for me!

Jeanmick Guest

Thanks so much Jessica. I mean, it's not like my family doesn't appreciate what I do. They truly do. I guess I was hoping that it would be acknowledged a bit more on the day for mothers. It's wierd because I've been feeling a bit down these past few days. Probably a backlash from last Sunday, who knows? I'll get over it. I usually do.

BTW, I've been meaning to tell you: I LOVE your statement "Creator of the mood."

So true...so true...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast