vpalmer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Can we play a round of "Name This Rash"

I am at my wit's end trying to determine the cause of Eva's rash. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know!

Here is a picture:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9933.jpg

Eva has had three rashes in the last week. Here are a few facts about each rash.

FIRST RASH
    Date: Monday, July 19
    Description of rash: Covered Face, neck and upper chest. Rash appeared red and blotchy.
    Time: 3:50 p.m.
    Last Meal: Pasta Salad with sour cream, onions, bell pepper, sunflower seeds, and other vegetables I can’t recall at the moment.
    Environmental Changes: Unknown
    Solution: Took to Doctor and told to give Benadryl every 6 hours until rash was gone. Eva was taking Amoxicillin for an ear infection and Dr. changed antibiotic to a five day medicine administered Monday-Friday.
    Length of Rash: 3 days

SECOND RASH
    Date: Saturday, July 24
    Description of rash: This rash only covered her chin and lower face area and the breakout was more hive-like instead of a bumpy rash.
    Time: 8:30 a.m.
    Last Meal: We were eating breakfast. She was in her highchair and eating French toast. The French toast ingredients were French bread, eggs, milk and cinnamon. She also had a sippy cup of milk.
    Environmental Changes: None that I can think of; I had not recently used any cleaning products or anything.
    Solution: None. We were going to watch the rash and it went away so quickly, no further action was taken
    Length of Rash: Less than one hour

THIRD RASH
    Date: Monday, July 26
    Description of rash: This rash is on her forehead, nose and cheeks; it is bumpy, red and blotchy.
    Time: 5:00 p.m.
    Location: Home. We were walking down the steps and she was sitting on the steps as we walked down them.
    Last Meal: She has strawberries as a snack at school around 1:30. She had about 2 sips of milk from a sippy cup about 10 minutes before.
    Environmental Changes: I had mopped the stairs with Mr. Clean on Sunday. There was a cast iron skillet in the oven heating at about 450 degrees for dinner prep. There was a slight odor in the air from the oven.
    Solution: We gave her Benadryl Monday night and Tuesday morning.
    Length of Rash: So far it has lasted overnight. The picture is as of this morning.

As you can see, there are very few, if any, similarities between the rashes and no triggers that appeared at the onset of the rashes. If you can think of any questions or if you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

Veronica
    Mom to Eva
    Born on 6-12-03

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Can we play a round of "Name This Rash?"

Veronica, the picture isn't working. Try again and I'll check back.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03

vpalmer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Can we play a round of "Name This Rash?"

Shannon,

I fixed the picture in this post, but I noticed this morning that you responded in the Baby Lounge. (I posted in both places because I wasn't really sure where it was appropriate to post it.) Thanks for your input. I feel comfortable with your "diagnosis" of the rash. I was leaning the same way. I have since tried eggs again and she seemed to be fine, so it may very well be the cinnamon.

Thanks again!

Veronica
    Mom to Eva

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030612/3/0/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]