Okay I've been totally restraining myself here because it seems like I am in the minority. I can't help myself and I LOVE to wrap gifts and have a big pile for my kids. So they get WAY more than 2 presents from us.

Now part of my problem is that both kids have birthdays so close to Christmas that we end up with a deluge of toys in about a 4 week period. Now obviously while the kids enjoy the present pile and a few of the gifts right away they can't cope with it ALL. So I generally pick up anything they aren't IMMEDIATELY attracted to and put it in the closet. Then throughout the year as they get bored with/outgrow things I pull occasional new toys out of the closet.

I was feeling guilty for spoiling my kids as I read this thread, then realized that you all do the same thing I do, just differently. Beth WHY do you have a bunch of things in the toy closet? Do you buy them throughout the year? And do you pull them out when a new toys seems appropriate? If so, then I think we're on the same track. Does it really matter how many Sarah gets at once as long as she doesn't 'keep' them all immeediately?

And BTW, Happy Birthday to Sarah!