Default Sleep Problems???

Well DS is almost 18 months old so I thought I would move over to the Toddler Board! DS was always been a great sleeper- that is until he turned 15 months. He decided he was going to go down to one nap a day, even though he acts tired all the time and it seems he still needs 2. Also he's been waking up and crying in the middle of the night- usually once per night. We go in his room, pick him up, give him a hug, give him his lovey and he goes right back to sleep. He sleep about 11 hours at night

He only naps 1 1/2 - 2 hours during the day, then is tired & crabby for the rest of the day.

Looking for advise on how to make the nap longer and helping him go back to sleep on his own at night. He falls aspleep at naptime and bedtime on his own.

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Sleep Problems???

It's a real tougie going from 2 to 1 nap a day. Emily only just is managing at 21 mths. For a while I had to drive her early so she'd get a 20 min power nap and then put her down for a longer nap in the afternoon. Now she just has one but she has been a terrible sleeper so I'm not the best one to give advice!
    I went to a sleep clinic in England when I was visiting my Mum and the lady told me to go in at night, pat her on the back and leave, not to pick up or cuddle. She said go in every 3 mins to let her know she was not alone but not to stay. It took a while but it started to work and sometimes she'll sleep through the night, not always, but if she wakes up now, I can pop in, say ssshhhhh and she will usually go back to sleep. It's up and down but way better than before (waking up anywhere from 20-90 mins). If it's just one time waking up, my suggestion would be to just pop in, whisper 'sshhh, go back to sleep' and leave, no picking up or cuddles, and do it over until he goes to sleep. But like I said, I've had an awful sleeper so I'm def not an expert!!
    Good luck.