Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Safety ID or Tag?

LOL!!

But to add to the thread, to assuage my DH's panic, we have now taught DS his phone number. He now proudly recites, "My name is Truman xxx, and my phone number is xxx-xxxx. I live in xxx, South Dakoooooota!" It's pretty darn cute. And having grown up in the South myself, it's bizarre to hear my child sounding like someone from the movie Fargo!

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We bought ds "who's shoes" id: http://readyorg.com/who_s_shoes_child_id.html

You write on the inside and they can be used on both shoes with velcro or laces, tennis shoes and sandals.

I'd love to teach ds how to say his name and number but he's still not really talking yet!

We use these:

http://www.kidtagz.com/

We use the small discs on our children's shoes. I chose these because I know my kids would play with any tag or necklace they wear, especially my 2-year old DS. We've been using them for about a year and have been pleased. The tag is waterproof and sturdy and come in cute designs. Our personal information is also hidden from view unless you open the tab at the bottom of the tag. I've listed (using an extra fine Sharpie) both DH and my cell numbers, our home number and for my DD, her allergies.

The only drawback that I've experienced is that the designs on the tag wear out after consistent use, but since they're inexpensive, I don't mind replacing them after a few months.

HTH!

Mikesa3 Guest

Julie,did you get these.What did you think of them? I need something for my 2 year old.
    Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2