Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    chris0129 Guest

Default 2 yr. olds - average time for wake-up/bed time & screaming fits

I've read alot on what others have said regarding their 2 year old, but would love to see what the "average" is for this age group in terms of wake-up/bed time. Right now my daughter (Lauren- who is a wild/fiesty girl) wakes up around 6am- screaming for us to come get her - (nothing like waking up with screaming, I might add) and goes to bed at 7:30pm the same way (she is still in her crib, but is relentless). We have a consistent routine with her and have also attempted to give rewards if she goes to sleep quietly (stickers/going to the carousel, etc.) Of course none of this is working (because I'm posting the issue!), so I would first love to see when other 2 yr. olds are waking and going to sleep ...and also if anyone has any suggestions on stopping the screaming. I have tried putting her to sleep later...and earlier, but neither has resolved this. She does take a 1 1/2 hr. nap at daycare from 12:30-2:00. All suggestions/advice are totally welcome!
    Chris

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: 2 yr. olds - average time for wake-up/bed time & screaming fits

I don't know the formula for the magic sleeping dust but I thought I would offer up our wake-up/bed times. My dd goes to bed between 6:30 and 7, she wakes up between 6:30 and 7. She is currently on a nap strike and chooses to practice headstands for a good hour in her crib instead. :o
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD is up at 6am. I do the same routine every night, but if she naps she fights going to bed and will call me in for a million different things until around 8.30. No nap today and she went to sleep at 7.15 without a peep! That's not normal though, we usually have a prob getting her to go to bed. No advice, sorry! Does help to know you are not alone though!

jubilee Guest

My two year old goes to bed at 7pm, wakes about 7am, and has a nap about 1.5-2 hours long.

jbrandy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My DS just turned 2 on April 4 and is going to bed at 7:30 -- not really sleeping until 8:30pm, getting up at 6 am, and napping from 1-3 in the afternoon. Sometimes he will even nap as long as 3 hours.

Beth B
    DS 4-4-03

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 2-y/o goes to bed between 8 and 8:30, wakes up between 6:30 and 7 a.m., and takes a 2-3-hour nap at 1 p.m. I have found that if I hold his nap off later in the afternoon, he resists it less and sleeps longer.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

VenusElon Guest

My DS wakes up at 8am and goes to bed at 10pm-later than average, but his dad doesn't get home from work until 7pm. He naps like a champ everyday from 12:30-2:30.

Venus

Kimberly H Guest

Mia gets up between 5:30-6am (to get ready for daycare) and goes to bed 7:30-8:30pm with a 2 hour nap at school - only 1 hour at home usually!

Ryan goes to sleep around 8:30 at night (despite us leaving the room around 7:30- 7:40) and he is up at 6:15- 6:30 am. He takes a nap around 1:30 or so and sleeps about 1.5 hours.

When Ryan would wake up crying/screaming, I would go in there and say "You don't need to cry or scream, you just have to say "mommy, Ryan's awake" and I will come in to get you. Then we would practice it by my closing the door and prompting him to say it and then I would quickly open the door with my arms stretched out like I was going to give him a big hug and say "mommy's here Ryan" or "hi Ryan". We would do this every single day for almost 2 weeks straight and I trained DH to do this too and finally he wakes up happy without screaming or crying. I am much happier too. :)

I hope it gets better!
    Mom to R and R

During the summer Martie's schedule is very similar to the one above. She goes to sleep between 9-9:30 and will wake up between 8:00 - 9:00. She'll take a 3 hour nap sometime in the afternoon. Lately she won't go down until 2, so I think that her waking up at 5:00 - 5:30 from her nap is creating her later bedtime.

-Sonia
    Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast