My DS just turned 2 and my husband is now, suddenly, wanting to change what we do. I'm not saying I'm firm on the "old" ways of doing things, but I don't want to change for change's sake.

So, here are the things we do that my husband thinks we ought to change--please feel free to comment on any or all:

1) Sleeping in a crib: Our Bonavita crib is very tall for our tall child and the top of the rail hits him at about shoulder height. He's not trying to climb out and I've been content to leave things as they are. DH thinks he needs to be in a big boy bed and we can reassemble the crib for baby #2 if I EVER get preggo again (sigh, another topic).

2) Highchair: He sits fine in the chair, doesn't try to get out, it's good for his size, etc. DH thinks we ought to put him in his own chair (booster in our dining room chairs or Kinderzeat, etc). This is another thing where I just am content to let well enough alone, but DH thinks it's a "maturity" issue.

3) Rocking chair: Ok, I might agree with DH on this one. The rocking chair in DS's bedroom is used to read stories in every night. After story time, we turn off the light and he sits with us in the dark rocking for 5-10 minutes. I am not the person who usually puts him down, but when I am, he slouches down into my arms into a horizontal position and I'm cradling him. Ok, I love that, it's sweet and cuddly but my DH says that we should just read, turn out light, say good night and put DS in the bed and be done.

4) Potty training: DS announces that he's pooping and runs behind a chair to do it, but otherwise has shown no interest in the potty seat. In fact the only thing he likes about the potty is the flushing! DH thinks I need to "advance" this somehow. I think DS isn't nearly ready. I am pretty sure I'm right on this one.

Ok, Sonia, I'm doing my part to get this forum going! What do you guys think? Be honest, I can take it!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!