Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Elilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: What are your thoughts on using food as a potty training reward?

We started out using M&Ms for a reward for going to the potty. Then we transitioned to using them only for #2 on the potty. Then, we gave them to her when she went a whole day w/o an accident. We did it this way so that she wasn't getting them all and day long and so that she didn't expect them every time she want potty. HTH.
    DD 02
    DS 04

We used stickers and a LOT of praise. I think it was Dr. Phil who said to make it like a party when they potty on the toilet. It was wild after he pooped in the potty for the first time. ;)
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

LucyG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks, everyone, for the responses! She has shown no interest in trying the potty again since Saturday, so I guess I'll sit back and wait for her to initiate something.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
    2 years and counting!

Laurelsmom2002 Guest

Thats our reward # too- only w/ skittles, The dance just didn't hold its charm any more, panties didn't do it either- she'd ask for a pull up and pee in them- but skittles- thats her currancy!

lukkykatt Guest

I'm also for being flexible. The first time I heard about giving candy as a reward for going to the bathroom, it struck me as being gross. However, after training one and soon to be training the second, I am for whatever it takes to get the job done!

When you are ready to start the process, as others have said, just see what motivates your daughter. My older son was so resistant to the process that I announced towards the end that he could pick out anything he wanted from TRU when he was fully trained (which I swore I would never do, but by the time he got to be 3.5, I was getting a little desperate!)

So, just keep an open mind...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2