kcgirl is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Listing of States with Sales Tax Holidays -- IA, GA, NC, SC, MA, MO, TX, FL, NM, CT

I just noticed when I clicked into this article about the Iowa sales tax holiday:

http://www.theiowachannel.com/news/4...207282005&ts=H

that there was also a link to a chart that listed other states and their tax-free holidays. The states shown are: Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Massachusetts, Missouri, Texas, Florida, New Mexico, and Connecticut.

Here's the additional link:

http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sal...day.html#chart

Default RE: Listing of States with Sales Tax Holidays -- IA, GA, NC, SC, MA, MO, TX, FL, NM, CT

I did some further checking and for Iowa this includes DIAPERS!! Also listed were baby bibs, clothes, socks, swim suits/trunks, and underclothes.

You may want to check you state to see if diapers are included also.

Default RE: Listing of States with Sales Tax Holidays -- IA, GA, NC, SC, MA, MO, TX, FL, NM, CT

Figures, I move from Iowa the year my kids really need clothes at back to school time! LOL Consignment store purchases are also tax free. :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Isn't that the way things go!!

Good point on the consignment store purchases! I hadn't thought of that.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for letting me know. I think I knew but I forgot. I think we'll have to stock up on a few diapers next weekend! I hope there is some fall clothing in the stores by then. I haven't seen much so far.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02