hjdong Guest

Default Ah, 3 y.o. crushes

DS has recently been developing crushes on his friends' moms (interestingly the moms he has crushes on have kept their first names, the ones he hasn't have been relegated to "jaden's mom" or "Owen's mom,"), the librarian (Michelle, who reads the stories, and is about 7 months pregnant), and most recently, my friend's sister, M.J. (she's in her 40's, happily single, no kids and likes it that way).

So, this morning, after he goes potty, he looks down, says, "Momma, it's a J (referring to his poop), wanna give it to M.J.!" I'm thinking M.J. might want a different token of his undying love.

So, anyone else's 3 year old developing tons of crushes? It's cute and I'm assuming it's an appropriate developmental stage and I'm not raising a Casanova, albeit a completely unsuccessful one if he doesn't change his approach.

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: Ah, 3 y.o. crushes

Very, very cute, and slightly gross visual ;)

Our friend's son went through a stage at about 3 1/2 where he was figuring out who was married to whom. When his mom asked him who he was going to marry, his reply was, "Isaac," another friend's 2 1/2 year old son. It was way too funny.

Just don't let him turn into Jacob H-- the kissing bandit in Isaac's K class (he's 5 now). Isaac said Jacob H wouldn't sit with him on the bus because he wanted to sit with a little girl-- and Jacob H had kissed that little girl!
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Truman has announced that Madeleine is his girlfriend. DH asked him how long they had been together and he said, "Oh, 'bout 3 1/2 years!"

They are both 3 1/2 and have known each other literally their entire lives. Madeleine is exactly one week younger and we took him to the hospital the day she was born. ;)

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

That is cute!

My DS is only two, but he seems to be attracted to girls, except that his approach also needs refinement, LOL!

Let's see, he was butting his head against 4 year old girl at school. Last Sunday he ran and then hugged a 15 month old girl at church, but she lost her balance, so she fell down and hit her head on the floor, much to my & DH's horror. Then on Monday his teacher said that he likes hugging his classmate, until she cried and teacher had to intervene.... Sigh, I thought girl problem doesn't start until puberty!

Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03