Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    raynjen Guest

Default RE: using middle name as "calling" name

A little side note, funny story...

My brother-in-law has gone by "Cisco" for so long that even his parents don't know who "Lawrence" is anymore. When he signed up for the military he did first name middle name, last name (they make you write out your middle name). As you can imagine there was A LOT of paperwork to fill out, literally dozens of forms. Well, a couple of days later he gets a call back he has to refill out the forms with his LEGAL name. ?!? Apparently his mother (tired and disoriented after a long birth) didn't put a full middle name on the birth certificate just a middle initial! So he had to go back and refill every one of those forms substituting an initial for his middle name!

By the way, my dad goes by his middle name and always has. He likes knowing what mail and phone messages are real and which ones are from soliciters! He uses full first, middle initial when signing anything and for legal documents.

Jen in Wichita
    Mom to my beautiful daughter,
    who is now 4, Noelle!

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the stories Jen. Ugh, I can imagine your brother-in-law filling out those paperwork! I have a long last name, so it takes me a while to write my name :-)

I guess the thing that is hard for me is that DS's first name is the same as DH and FIL (and grand FIL, going back at least 5 generations). So we have had troubles where DH and FIL's identities were mixed up.

BTW, you are not in Okinawa anymore? Did you move to Wichita now?

Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

raynjen Guest

We are in Okinawa for 2 1/2 weeks more (yay!), we went ahead and switched our email address and I decided to switch everything here at one time (I remember last time I moved it took months to get every website updated with our new info.)

I can't wait to get back to Wichita! That is where we were stationed last time, but dd wasn't old enough to do a lot with. Now that she is older I'm sure we will be living at the zoo, the children's museum, and all the wonderful things that Wichita has to offer. Also, now we can finally get a swingset!

Jen in Wichita
    who is now 4, Noelle!

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Welcome back to Wichita!

Hi Jen,

Well, welcome back to the US & to Wichita!

How quickly time passes, now Noelle is 4? I remember when I saw your signature line when Noelle was just over 2 years old.

Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

raynjen Guest

Default RE: Welcome back to Wichita!

Thank you!

I need to update her avatar, that one is over a year old, but I haven't been able to add "attachments" in awhile.

Not sure I want to just yet anyway, she just cut her hair! Woe is me, 4 years of hair growth into the trash can. Oh well, it grows back, at least it wan't someone else's hair!

Jen (soon to be) in Wichita
    who is now 4, Noelle!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2