Default Halloween costumes for 2-year-olds?

Hi! I realize not everyone celebrates Halloween, but for those folks who do, is your 2-year-old dressing up and/or going trick-or-treating? Right now I have no plans to do either with DD, but everyone seems to be expecting something, and I am completely uninspired as to a costume.

Ellen

lizamann Guest

Default RE: Halloween costumes for 2-year-olds?

Nora will be a ladybug, and I think we'll go trick or treating in our old apartment building and maybe some of the local businesses that we frequent. For a 2 year old, and maybe no matter how old she is, we will only go to places that we know, at least in passing.

Not terribly creative, but she likes the ladybug idea and helped make it. I got a yard of red fleece for about $4, cut it into a circle with a hole in the middle to make a simple no-sew poncho. Then dd "helped" me trace circles on black felt, which I cut out, and then we glued them on the poncho. It took something like 10 minutes, and that's with her helping. It was really fun and looks adorable. Now I need to take some pipe cleaners and pom poms and attach them to a headband.

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I LOVE that idea! I wish I hadn't already gotten DD's costume!

Guess what Eleanor is going to be NEXT year?

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

brubeck Guest

My kids have trick or treated since before they turned 1! Of course until they were 3 the trick or treating was really for me. They couldn't even eat the candy until they were more than 2 (it all had chocolate or nuts or was some kind of choking hazard).

If your DD doesn't want to go and you don't want to I don't think it is mandatory.

Default I got it!

We're not going to take DD trick-or-treating, really, but her daycare is having a Halloween party and parade, so I did want a costume. I got it: She'll be a Wiggle! I found an inexpensive yellow T-shirt and black leggings, and I'll make an iron-on tranasfer of the Wiggles logo to put on her shirt, and the best thing of all is that she can wear this as a non-costume as well.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ellen