Bens Momma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Making a daily schedule

Hi Everyone!
    I know the importance of daily routine for kids. I was doing pretty well with trying to follow one with my DS, but have been having trouble getting back into the swing of things with the birth of DS#2. I think for my sanity as well as the kids I need to make a new daily routine/schedule to follow. Does anyone know a good website/book that might give some examples of a daily schedule for a toddler? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I'm stuck in a bit of a rut and need to make some order out of the day!!

Thanks-
    Mommy to 2 DS (2 1/2 yrs & 3 months)

Default RE: Making a daily schedule

First, congratulations on the new baby! I've only got one child, so I can't completely address the issue you're facing, but our "routine" with our 2 1/2-year-old DD involves fairly consistent eating and sleeping times but everything in between is "play time", which could involve a neighborhood walk, toodling around in the yard, reading stories, coloring, a trip to the grocery store or library, 20-30 min of TV, or anything else DD feels like doing (e.g., putting a blanket on the floor and gathering all the stuffed animals for a "picnic"). If the baby's got a somewhat predictable naptime (ha ha) that's different from the older DS's, then that can be your special time with your older son.

Is this what you're thinking about? I don't feel like this is very helpful or original. Good luck!

Ellen

Bens Momma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Making a daily schedule

Thanks for your feedback/suggestions! Your message was helpful and actually I found a great old post on Baby Bargains about making a daily schudule. Now that the baby is getting a little older, he is getting on a better sleep/awake routine and I can play and plan activities with my toddler a little easier now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can keep it up!

Thanks Again!
    Ben's Momma