Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tina-t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Best Deal for a Postal Scale?

I need one and am not sure where to buy one. I looked at ebay but am not sure if those are good quality scales. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Christina

Mom to 2 little ones

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Best Deal for a Postal Scale?

I bought one on ebay from Old Will Knott (sp?) that I'm really happy with. I think with shipping, it was around $20, and worth every penny. I bought the one that has the detachable display. It's been acurate and reliable so far. I think I've had it for about 4 months now.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

An alterntive to consider... I use our digital kitchen scale (~$10 from Walmart). Obtain the pounds & ounces, visit USPS site, enter the weight from the kitchen scale, and get the resulting postage amount. The USPS site calculates both domestic & international rates.
    Jen

ShellB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I got mine from ebay years ago and still works great. Mine is the Escali silver...

I think the PO also sells scales, but don't know how they compare price wise.

Shelley mama to Skyler and Kaian
    Love my boys
    On a new adventure selling Avon

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I got one "free" through stamps.com - you might check and see if they are doing any promotions that get you a "free" scale.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

safarimom Guest

I bought one from TomFowler46 on Ebay in March. Works great & is very accurate. I've used it on a daily basis for weighing & mailing packages. I think it may have a one year guarantee as well.

lhk777 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I also bought one on ebay from the same seller as the PP.

I use it almost everyday and it works great - I've had it for about a year now.

I checked the ones from TomFowler on ebay and they look exactly like the same one I received from stamps.com "free". I signed up for a month but pretty much received my money's worth ($10?) in the scale and postage.

safarimom Guest

But isn't there a monthly fee of like $15-16 to use Stamps.com after the first free month? I can ship via Paypal using USPS or UPS without any monthly fee or surcharge so that makes more sense for my needs than paying for Stamps.com & getting a "free" scale. You can also use click n ship from USPS without any monthly or extra fees.

mommyoftwo Guest

What you do is pay for one month. They give you free postage for signing up, then more free postage for the first month you pay plus the free scale. Then you cancel and get to keep the scale. Make sense?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast