Default clown theme centerpiece ideas?

I want to make easy centerpieces for my DD's first birthday party. It's a clown theme. Any ideas? I was thinking getting foam balls, sticking them on wooden dowels, and sticking them into terra cotta pots. Then I'd just decorate the foam balls with felt like clowns. Does that sound stupid?!?!

What a great new forum!!

vpalmer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: clown theme centerpiece ideas?

I agree - what a great forum! I think your idea sounds great. Maybe you could use different color yarn for the hair and buttons for the eyes and nose and attach them with hot glue. The buttons may be a checking hazard if the got loose, but if there was plenty of supervision and if they were well attached it might be okay. ;)

Have fun!

Veronica
    Mom to Eva
    6-12-03

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think that's a really great idea!
    I don't know if you've seen this, but here's some links to some clown ideas from Family Fun Magazine.
    http://family.go.com/parties/birthda...mf66clown.html
    http://family.go.com/parties/birthda...6icecream.html
    http://family.go.com/recipes/special/cake/cake_clown/
    HTH!

I'm stealing this straight from the Martha Stewart bulletin board that I happened to be on and remembered this post...

Cut and pasted directly (there is no link, it is a pop-up but you can access it from www.marthastewart.com and go to bulletin boards, otherwise I would give it to you):

Balloons make a party so festive! You could make the balloon anchor out of cellophane tied with lots of curly ribbon filled with candy and then each child would be able to take home a balloon attached to their goodie bag which doubles as a balloon anchor centerpiece. -OR- use a bright colored gift bag as the centerpiece which you could attach paper clowns (stamped or drawn) onto the bag. Then fill the bag with multi-colored tissue paper or shredded paper. This too could double as a balloon-anchor and/or a goodie bag.

I grew up with both parents being professional clowns. It was really a fun childhood. What about using balloon animals using the long balloons. They can be purchased at party supply stores or look in the yellow pages for information. Just be sure to have a couple extra balloons on hand to replace those that don't get as far as the door when the party is over.

Hi, Iv'e been clowning around since 1986 doing birthday parties, bloweing up balloon animals, facepainging, games. I once had a birthday party thems with a latex ballon blown to size and put on a quart soda bottle. I took colored paint pens, drew a clown face, and then had a contest of all the creative clown faces they creatied.. We added bow ties made with tissue and hats also. This clown had as much fun as the kids did

Mom to R and R

Wow, great ideas, everyone! Thanks so much for sharing. I'll let you all know how it goes.