Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    peanut4us Guest

Default On the idea of tempura paints--I want to make my own thank you cards

I want to make a bunch of thank you notes to just have on hand (maybe some invites to her first bday party too) with her foot print and/or hand print on them. What kind of paper do you recommend? Will the tempura paint work for this too? Will the paint stain her feet? Tips, tricks?

Jen in Chicago Guest

Default RE: On the idea of tempura paints--I want to make my own thank you cards

I have used regular paper folded in quarters and cardstock for the cards like this we have made. I use Embossing Stamp Pads, they seem to wipe off his hands/feet very easily.

FYI footprints are easy to do when Jude is in his Exersaucer!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: On the idea of tempura paints--I want to make my own thank you cards

We did this for Colin's first birthday thank you notes. We used washable tempera paints, and I got notecards at Hobby Lobby (about $8 for a pack of 50, including envelopes). Colin's feet didn't stain, but I ended up with a few stains on my sweatpants since I didn't wash them right away.

One thing - we did it more like finger and foot painting, where we weren't going for a good, clear print, and it was easier on us. Sometimes we got a good print, and other times it was all smeary, but I figure that is just Colin's artwork and still counts!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

amp Guest

I've done it just on regular paper, cardstock, construction paper with other people's kid. And the darker colors did stain their feet/hands for a day or so, but everytime they ate or washed their hands, a bit would come off. Let's just say blue mashed potatoes are very weird!