Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    papal Guest

Default RE: Thanks Janey and Michelle!

Andrea!! I wish we lived close together.. i would so love to get-together and talk scrapbooking and photoshoping etc... and check out all your cool scrapbooking supplies!

Default RE: Scrapbook question. Please help a beginner!!

Rashmi,
    Sounds like you have made a good start, but here's something else to consider. Creative Memories has a baby album that is white. It has boy or girl pages that go with it that include places to record all the 1st year events with pictures. You can then add blank pages to it to include more photos of whatever. I am currently working on Kaleb's book. (I'm only 2yrs behind!)
    I'll attach some pictures of the album and the pages I have done. I am doing a calendar page for each month where I write in things that happened that month, then I add pictures taken during that month.

I hope these aren't too big - I haven't figured out how to resize in Photoshop Elements. Sorry.
    Enjoy the scrapbooking - it's addictive!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6549.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6550.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6551.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6552.jpg

Edited because these were HUGE! I went into PE and resized, but what do you resize to? I just messed around a bit! Maybe I should make them even smaller. Help!!

amp Guest

Default Rashmi -

Me too! Are you going to be going to the Chicago retreat?

papal Guest

Default RE: Rashmi -

No, most likely not. I am not even sure when it is! My parents are visiting this summer, so I will be busy with them. It would be so nice to meet everyone IRL though!

papal Guest

Oh my goodness! Those pages are GORGEOUS!!! Mine are so pathetic compared to yours, i dare not post pictures!!!!

Ok, questions for you:
    1. How did you cut the pictures in such nice shapes??? Is there a special cutter???
    2. How did you get the colored page behind the pics to have a 'torn' edge??? That looks awesome!!

I love the calendar idea.... i must get those pages!!! Gosh, i don't think i wrote down the dates of many of the 'firsts' though... bad mommy!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your scrapbook, i am getting SO INSPIRED to do better!!!

What kind of album do you have? I noticed there is a metal inge-plate-thingy?? That looks really cool.

Thanks!!

Thanks, but if you want to see gorgeous, check out www.twopeasinabucket.com No way would I post pictures there!

1. I have a cutting system from Creative Memories that I used to make the shapes. There are some others at Michaels etc. too.
    2. I mounted the photos on colored paper, then cut around the photo with decorative scissors. These are Fiskars Deckle (sp?) and I got them at Michaels - love the 40% off coupons!
    3. The calendar pages are CM - I've kept a journal since Kaleb was born so it has been fairly easy to fill in the info.
    4. The album is also CM - it is their baby album. Check their website creativememories.com - you can find a local person, or buy on ebay.
    5. The metal plate with the handprints is from Michaels and made by Memory Makers. They have some neat things for scrapbooks.

Good luck with your scrapbook! Your DD is adorable and any page with her picture will look great!
    BTW, do you still have some time to do an avatar for me? I need to find a picture to use first.

Thanks!

papal Guest

Thanks Jan for all the info.
    I would love to do an avatar for you.. post a pic and i will resize and crop! :)

suribear Guest

I haven't read any of the other responses, but I wanted to share my experience. I started out with a creative memories album. The problem with that style is that you stick pictures onto the page. You can move pages around(front and back) but that messes up two page layouts. I've switched to the top loading type, where you scrap onto the paper and then load the paper into the album. It's nice to have the flexibility to switch layouts around, in case I change my mind or find extra pictures I had forgotten about!

I like creative memories tools (all sorts of cutters, for instance), K and Co. albums and stickers from everywhere! I'm not a fan of creative memories stickers.
    Have fun :)

Kris

Hi! I would suggest checking out scrapbook stuff on QVC. They sell some nice sets with everything included. They usually have a scrapbook hour every month or so and show super ideas! I've been scrapping for a few years and have started ordering stuff from them this spring. The "twopeasinabucket" site has beautiful stuff, too!
    Good luck and have fun!
    Amy
    Mommy to Spencer 6-4-03

durga8 Guest

Hi Rashmi, I am not a scrapbooker (yet), though am hoping to be one someday. Here is a great site http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_ln...8_5265,00.html. I love their home shows and they seem to have some good scrapbooking ideas.

hope to see your pages soon.btw, i love the name Leela, which is also my mom's name.

good luck,
    durga8

ps. how does one upload an avtar? i'd like to try to upload a pic of my ds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast