hi nupe,

am now posting as pixelprincess, just a name change. :-)

hmnn... your UI is different from mine. a PC/mac difference. When you do the optimization of your image, you should be able to view the image quality in the window to the left. So I'd say if you are happy with it save it. Sometimes, you can go down smaller without losing quality. If you want to email me your original psd file or a high res jpg, i can save a few versions for you.

If you want to print you are better off using the highest possible resolution. The web res is usually pretty low (72 dpi), so if you can print from the original psd (300 dpi works well for print). If you don't have anything high res, used the best possible res you have. Hope this isn't confusing? If you go to Kinko's you can get a digital color output...I think 8 x 10" costs $1.50. The paper choice would be upto you...if it is for an album you could use card stock or if you are pasting it into an album a lighter weight is fine. Of course, you could try multiple papers to see what you like best.

When I capture web photos, I take screen shots and paste them into photoshop...but if you have the original why do that? You could create the layout in photoshop and use it for print, and also save the same one at a lower res for web. I hope I haven't confused you any more...

HTH,