pritchettzoo Guest

Default Scrapbookers: What's your favorite adhesive?

I have NEVER found a glue stick that would actually stick the paper or picture to the page. I think I may be glue-stick impaired. Is there a secret? Or a good brand? What other kinds of stick-um (tape, magic dust? those dot things?) do you recommend?

Thanks!

Anna

Buffys Mommy Guest

Default RE: Scrapbookers: What's your favorite adhesive?

You are not the only glue-stick impaired person out there. I HATE Glue sticks. That being said, I use both the Creative Memories Tape Runner and the Hermafix dots and tabs. I too have never found a glue stick that worked right. They never hold, and they are so messy. I only have to use a little of the tape runner on each corner and in the middle and my pictures stick without any problem.

For adhearing an entire piece of cardstock, I use phototape (I think 3M makes it).

Tammie
    Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

My favorite is Hermafix. It is like a taperunner, but you can rub off the adhesive with your finger if you get it where you don't want it. Unlike other repositionables, it sticks really well.

:) Kristin
    Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004
    and Morgan the yellow lab

Imperia Guest

I have researched this hahah! A lot of folks say glue sticks stick gives out after awhile. I actually use different adhesives for different things:

--Hermafix Tabs---for pictures and larger pieces of paper
    --Hermafix tape runner repostional
    --Glue dots for embellishments (don't get Zots, they suck, only glue dots will do!)
    --Zig two way glue pen for edges of torn paper
    --Diamond glaze when it needs to be invisable

Isn't it sad?! I collect adhesives now...

Imperia

Hermafix is my favorite, but it's expensive and I tend to use a lot of it, so it goes fast. I usually buy it at Hobby Lobby when they have their adhesives on sale for either 30% or 50% off.

My second favorite is MonoAdhesive. I buy it in bulk from Viking Office Suppily (www.vikingop.com) for fairly cheap.

Sarah.......mom to Jason & Devin

There are also repositionable adhesive sprays. Especially good if you are mounting a large photo or border. Put the item you are mounting face down in a shoebox to contain the spray.

amp Guest

I hate Hermafix. Call me weird! I use a xyron machine for all my adhering needs. And when that won't work in a certain situation, I turn to either photo sqauares or a glue stick. My favorite gluestick is Zig 2 way glue, which comes in various sizes of tips.

aim is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I hate glue sticks as well - I use Creative memories tape runner and glue dots depending on what I am sticking down

Amy
    DS Bennett 1-14-04

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't scrapbook, but I do other paper projects. I like the hermafix vario.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007