Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    papal Guest

Default I hate Michaels!

Anyone else agree? It is the closest crafts store to where i live so I end up going there a lot but i hate it.
    They did not have gate-fold blank cards, they did not have refill pages for my scrapbook, they did not have a monkey stamp or sticker and no Hermafix adhesive. Overall, super sucky. Wanted to kill someone... i am so frustrated.. from now on.. only ONLINE!!

End of rant.

amp Guest

Default RE: I hate Michaels!

Rashmi - You must have scrapbooking stores near you! They are so much better than Michaels usually! I never knew we had any until I started getting really into scrapbooking. You just don't notice them. You can find them in the phone book, and also in the back of scrapbooking magazines they list them by state. Once I started looking, I found there are about 5 near me (within 20 miles or so)

Check out this link to see if there is a independent scrapbook store near you:
    http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/scrap/locator/

I also like Joann Fabric and Crafts. They have a good selection of scrap stuff. I'm not sure if they are in your area.

I agree, Michael's is my least favorite craft store.
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

cinrein Guest

I have a love/hate relationship with Michaels. I mostly hate them, but it's the closest craft store to me and I love their 40% off coupon.

There are 2 scrapbook stores out near me. Plus there is an AC Moore in Fairfax, maybe there are others around? I can scout out anything you are looking for if you want me to.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I hate Michaels too. But they're all we have - plus a Hobby Lobby about 20 minutes away. I soooo wish that we had an A.C. Moore around here!!

Lots of scrapbooking stores, though, even though I don't scrapbook. I gotta believe that you have scrapbooking stores, too!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Rashmi, the AC Moore in Fairfax is SOOOOOO much better than Michaels! If you come to the AC Moore out here, let me know! I love to go there! There is also an independent scrapbooking store in the same shopping center...
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

cinrein Guest

Me too! Plus there is a Marshall's and Ross to scout out. And a Trader Joe's not too far.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

papal Guest

I have never heard of this AC Moore.. i will definitely check it out next time... Beth, Cindy, do either of you scrapbook? I am thinking of starting on a serious note (meaning with stamps, cardstocks.. the whole nine yards).. maybe we could get together and shop!!
    heehee.
    So after my frustrating Michaels experience, Jan (kalebsmama) pointed out a Monkey Stamp from Stampin' Up. I found a local demonstrator and we went to her house this evening and OH MY FREAKIN GOODNESS, i have just discovered this underground super secret scrapbooking subculture where they have ALL THE LOVELY STAMPS AND CARDSTOCKS!! I just bought the catalog and i am HOOKED!!!!

amazz Guest

Don't forget that all the inks coordinate or match all the cardstocks! You're going to have so much fun getting to order this stuff, Rashmi. If you think you might place a really big order, you might want to take a look at becoming a demonstrator. I wish I had done that in the first place b/c it would have saved me so much money at the beginning!!

Angela
    EDD 10/15/04
    A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

papal Guest

Angela, what is in your SU! stash??!! Just curious! :)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast