Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Ordering digital prints online, where?

As a PP mentioned, Costco does print photos, also for 18 cents a print. When looking at the actual online places, not places where you send it online but pick it up IRL, be sure to remember shipping when looking at costs. My very quick survey averaged about 5 cents a print. Kind of jacks up the price a bit.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

westgre Guest

I have only used snapfish to order online. It took about four days to get the prints, but they were great quality. I picked them because they print on Kodak paper -- I'm pretty sure shutterfly uses other paper. They are $.19 each. I had a promotional code from American Baby for 25 free prints. Here's the link:
    www.snapfish.com/ambabydec.

Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We use Snapfish as well and love it. We uploaded them to Walmart.com for a while and picked the pictures up at a local store but I had one too many encounters with teenage bippys behind the counter who looked at me like I was on drugs when I inquired about "digital photos that I was picking up that had been uploaded and sent to the store to pick up". If I got one more blank stare, I was going to scream.
    Susanna 6/29/04
    James 6/15/10

hellosmiletoday Guest

I do not have much experience with digital prints as I only recently purchased a dig. camera. Thus far I have found Costco to be better than walgreens, and comparable to snapfish. I did not like ofoto's quality or the fact that they only come in glossy. And sadly I found out they only produce glossy prints after putting a $7 order in, so I have to reorder all my prints. I'm going to try shutterfly and some of the others mentioned above.

If you are doing cards, you should check out costco. They go christmas cards, but also other types of cards, such as b-day cards, etc -- although you have to order in increments of 50

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've used Shutterfly and Ofoto. Both used to offer free prints when you sign-up. The might still offer it. I use mostly shutterfly now and they often have offers for free shipping etc.

Costco is pretty good as well.

I've seen a lot of ads lately for www.winkflash.com but I haven't tried it.

Winkflash has a deal right now at 8 cents a print - the best price I've seen - use code:

WP78FGTY

laurajaney Guest

I've been using Ofoto (which is now Kodak gallery, I guess), but have been interested in finding something cheaper.

Here's my question: I'm not very computer savvy, so I have to defer to DH for lots of computer stuff. With his OK (he's computer virus phobic), I downloaded the Ofoto software so I can upload our pictures. If I'm going to shop around for different online printers, do I have to keep downloading their software? And if I do, don't I increase my chances of picking up a virus?

Thanks!

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I reccomend ofot which is now kodakgallery.com. I love their photo books and just recently ordered prints which came back better than expected. I have tried shutterfly and don't like the quality of theeir prints. Kodak gallery will give you 15 free prints when you sign up.

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I reccomend ofoto which is now kodakgallery.com. I love their photo books and just recently ordered prints which came back better than expected. I have tried shutterfly and don't like the quality of theeir prints. Kodak gallery will give you 15 free prints when you sign up.

wookiewoo Guest

I totally hear your frustration with having to download programs just to upload photos!! While it may bog down your computer, or maybe share information about your internet or computer usage (the company's privacy policy would tell you if so or not) you won't get a virus from downloading these programs from sites like ofoto. If you were to go to joeshchmoepictures.com you would be right to hesitate to download a program on to your computer. Reputable companies are charging us plenty to make sure that they offer safe services on the net.

And don't forget, you can always uninstall the program later, or if you're like me, just reformat (I'm so virus phobic I back things up VERY regularly :) )

HTH and good luck
    Heather

We also use ofoto and have been very happy with them. They now have an option where you can have your pictures sent to your local CVS for $1.50 handling fee and no other shipping costs. That's great because I always hated paying their high shipping costs. Seems to cancel out any discount code that I had. I did this with my last order and had no problems with it.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2