Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    pritchettzoo Guest

Default RE: Scrapbookers: recommendation for scissors?

If you want to do journaling, I would go with an 8 x 8 album. So far that's the only one I've completed for Gracie--with our first family trip. You can get colored pages in an 8x8 size (The Deck? The Stack? Something like that--in a big tablet at Michael's, Joann's, etc.) I wound up not trimming any of the pictures and just double-stick-taping them on 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 paper (also the Deck/Stack deal) in a complementary color and then journaling above or below. It drives me batty when the paper trim isn't the same size all the way around the picture, so those tablets saved my sanity. :)

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
    and a BOY! (coming July '05)

nitaghei Guest

Thanks Anna! The Stack thingie is on sale at Michael's this week. I'm probably going to head over there today at lunch, and get supplies together. My parents are going to be here in less than a month (WOOOHOOO), and I'd love to have this done before they get here.

Otherwise, I'm bouncing between the two albums I'm doing for Neel and Max (my cocker, as grief therapy :( ) and those are just big, ongoing projects. Of course, what I *should* be spending the time on is finishing the draft for the current law review article I'm working on, but . . . .

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Those cheapy scissors make me nuts too. The best solution I have found (although it isn't cheap) is to buy different blades for my Fiskars paper cutter. I originally bought it for all cropping/trimming stuff- it will do up to 12X12 easily, but you can buy different blades that will make decorative edges too. They even sell one that scores paper.

I think the whole thing with the regular blade is about $40, but I used one of those 40% off Michael's coupons, so it wasn't that bad. The other blades are around $5-$7 I think. It's nice b/c you don't have to match up the blade to the last cut- just one zip and you're done.

pritchettzoo Guest

I double dog dare you to submit a scrapbooked law review article. Don't you think they'd appreciate deckle edges and coordinating prints? ;)

I bet your album for Max will be really special. And Neel's too, of course.

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
    and a BOY! (coming July '05)

nitaghei Guest

ROFL!! Now I've been trying to imagine how I would have reacted to getting that when I was Articles Editor. It would certainly score for orginality :)

But I'm being chicken; besides, I do a fair amount of electronic submission and I still haven't got the hang of digital scrapbooking! :) :)

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2