danagee is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Chalkboard Paint and Glow-in-the-Dark paint

Has anyone used either of these types of paints? I'm interested in hearing about how they worked out and if you have any tips or suggestions on how to make them work even better. Also if you used a particular brand that worked out really well, I'd like brand names too.

Also, any suggestions on how to do accesories for a chalkboard wall/partial wall? What I'm looking for is ways to catch the chalk dust. Is it better to paint all the way to the floor and let the dust just go on the floor? Or is it better to put a shelf under the chalkboard wall to catch the dust?
    I wanted to put the paint all the way to the floor since my kids are under 2 still.

Thanks in advance,
    Dana

Dcclerk is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Chalkboard Paint and Glow-in-the-Dark paint

We painted one of the pantry cupboards with chalkboard paint and are really happy with it. It has been very durable and quite cute. Rather than have an eraser and anything on the floor to catch the dust, we have just used a wet rag to wipe up the chalk on the board. This has worked very well, and is very little hassle. I highly recommend doing the chalkboard paint; it is very fun :)

Default RE: Chalkboard Paint and Glow-in-the-Dark paint

We painted a children's table top with chalkboard paint and it works great. It's was just the kind you get at Home Depot. The table was mine as a child so it took a few coats to get a nice surface but I think a wall would not need as many.

I don't know about a shelf for dust. I would be careful though because my two year old likes to climb on anything he can and I think they would see a small ledge as a step and try to climb on it.

Good Luck,
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1