Default I want to take up knitting again- help!

Ok. I have in the past 15 years, knit a sweater- took about 5 years, socks- had a bit of help but only took a week or two and well, yup thats it. But I am looking for a new hobby- I spend way too much time reading these message boards and would like to feel a bit more productive with my time. ;-)

I gather there is a BBB knitting board on yahoo? Would someone point me in the right direction? Also, am I being too optimistic to take this on with a 1 year old (and 2.5 yr old) running around the house? How do you manage? Just knit when they are sleeping?

Pls help me figure out if this is realistic or am I just going to buy a lot of expensive yarn that sits in a corner and gets unraveled by a toddler as opposed to me.

TIA!!
    Betsy

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: I want to take up knitting again- help!

http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Knitters

I knit in the evening, have a zip tote to keep curious fingers out, and buy cheap yarn, so I don't feel like I wasted much if someone ruins it. Lion Brand has many nice yarns and between Joanns, Michaels and Hobby Lobby, someone always has a sale. I haven't seen the inside of a real knitting shop since #1 started crawling <sigh>