kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Replacing snaps on pants?

Hi,

I don't usually post here, and am not even sure this is the right place for my question, but you all seem so knowledgeable about sewing and making things, so here goes....

I bought DS a really cute (and not inexpensive) pair of pants and the snap broke the first time he wore them. Nordstrom Rack wouldn't take them back because the tags/receipt are gone. But I'm feeling really gypped! Can a snap be repaired without special equipment? It's the male piece, it just came right out of the fabric.

Thanks in advance!

Default RE: Replacing snaps on pants?

You could cross-post this question in diapers because many of the mama's there sew. There is a thread discussing snap presses right now.

I've never worked with snaps before but if you take the pants to a sewing store they may be able to help you too.

HTH,
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

I would take it to a tailor. They'd be able to fix it so that snap looked the same as all the others. If I were fixing it myself I'd probably just replace the whole snap. It sounds like this is a nice little pair of pants, so it's probably worth the $10 or so they would charge so that it looked nice.

kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thanks! I will ask at a sewing store and if I don't get anywhere, I'll take it to a tailor. These boards are so great...