Bearhut Guest

Default Stamp pad ink that's really washable?

Has anyone found a brand of stamp pads that actually wash of skin? The ones that I have say they are washable, but also say "quick drying". After months of persuation, my DD finally allowed ink on her hands for hand prints! I am so excited! But of course, after many scrubbings and a bath, her hands are still bright pink!

Since I inherited a collection of stamp art materials from my MIL, I know we have many more projects ahead.

Thanks so much for the help.

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Stamp pad ink that's really washable?

We found a GREAT washable ink, and it's on a really big pad (about 6" across), which is great for hand prints. It's made by Center Enterprises (West Hartford, CT) and comes in 11 colors. We got ours at a teacher's supply store here in Michigan, but I'd assume lots of teacher's stores would carry the same thing. We've used yellow, red, blue and green, and have had no problems with washing the ink off hands, clothes and tables.

HTH,
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

Bearhut Guest

Sarah,

Thank you so much. I just ordered some and can't wait to try them! We've been avoiding stamp art because clean up is such a hassle!

Heather

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No problem. Hope your DC enjoy them as much as we have. And that all the colors wash off as easily as the 4 I have! ;-)

Sarah
    Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)