Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Another stamp ink pad questions

DS is now obsessed with the stamp he gets on the back of his hand after his gym class each week and I would love to be able to make him that happy at home! Our instructor said that the ink pads are by Melissa and Doug but I cannot find them anywhere.

Are there any B&M places I should look for non-toxic, washable ink??

TIA,

Stephanie

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Another stamp ink pad questions

Try Michaels or other craft stores. Even Target might have them in their kids craft section.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Your best bet might be to try a teacher's supply store (if you're in the metro Detroit area, I can direct you to a good one). They have nic pads for about the same or less $$ than Michael's, and they're HUGE -- DS can put his hand in one and make a hand print. The ones we have are made by Center Enterprises and are labeled Jumbo Washable Circular Stamp Pad. I paid $4.99 each and they're about 6" across.

Our Target doesn't have any ink pads.

ETA: Our TRU has stamp kits by M&D that include an ink pad and 7-12 stamps (depends on which set you get). I didn't see any ink pads by themselves tho. The sets ran about $10 (I think). You might want to look there too.

HTH,
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am not in the Detroit area but I AM only 35 minutes from West Hartford and wonder who in our area might carry the Center Enterprises products. Their address is West Hartford but I see it's only a P.O. Box so there is no showroom.

Any idea how I might find a dealer? I emailed the company a few days ago but haven't heard and I was hoping to move quickly!

Thanks again,
    Stephanie

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It doesn't look like their website has a list of distributors (unfortunately). You can buy the stuff there, but you'd probably have to pay shipping. Maybe call (1-800-542-2214) instead of e-mail? I usually get faster service over the phone with lots of these places. Also, I'd check some teacher supply stores in your area (if you don't know any, ask parents with older kids, teachers or call a school in your area). I'm betting that's where you're going to find these. I haven't seen this brand anywhere else around here.

Sorry I'm not more help.
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)