Default Scrapbooking with your child

First let me say I'm abysmal with all of the scrapbooking -- I've bought tons of stuff, but I can't seem to figure out what to do with it! :)

My daughter, Lillie Anne, is almost 4 and I've been thinking for a while that it might be fun to start a scrapbook with her. Things she collects, stuff she goes to see, her favorite photos, etc. Has anyone else done this? If yes, do you have any tips to make it easy and successful for both of us?

Thank You!

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Scrapbooking with your child

I love scrapbooking. I have recently tried doing it with my 2.5 yo DD. However, she has no concept yet of where stickers would look pretty--like not in the middle of the picture. I don't know how adept a 4yo would be. Anyway, my suggestion is to do a smaller scrapbook to begin with, like a 7x7 album. Or you could go a cheaper route with just acid free 8 1/2 x 11 papers in a binder and go from there.

You may also want to get Fast Formulas, a book by Creative Memories to jog your brain so you're not too overwhelmed by ideas, or lack thereof.

I like to scrapbook in chronological order, I know some people don't. But either way, organization is the key. PM me if you have any questions or if my answers are a little on the vague side. ;) HTH though!