jess is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Hardbound holiday book?

I am thinking about taking a bunch of photos/drawings of my daughter's past year and making it into a hardbound book to give as a gift to the grandparents this holiday...I just have no clue where to get this done. Has anyone heard of any independet hardbinding service, either online or at a real store? Would Kinkos do something like this? I know you can get things spiral-bound, but I was looking for something a little nicer and substantial. Any leads as to where to 'publish' an individual book would be greatly appreciated!

Default RE: Hardbound holiday book?

Here's some information about "Print-on-demand" publishers. The information on this page is mostly for printing books, but many of the POD publishers do other items (lulu.com and cafepress.com do softbound books, calendars, etc.).
    http://booksandtales.com/pod/index.php

You can also scan in the items and publish a hardbound or softbound photo book from one of the major photo printers: Kodak/Ophoto, Shutterfly, Snapfish, MyPublisher.com. These allow you to arrange one or several images per page in a template on your computer or the web. They will print/bind the book and send it to either your address or the person you want to gift it to. Often you can get a discount for ordering more than one copy of the same book.

Hope this helps.

kelli

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Kinkos does do binding, but it's not hardbound - as far as I know. I have had them bind stuff before with a lot of success. Check it out because I rememebr it being very affordable. I've often thought of letting DD make her own books with drawings and a "story" she makes up and then having it bound at Kinkos - but she's only 13 months so I have along way to go before that happens!

jess is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thank you for the suggestions! I am looking into some of the websites; hopefully by starting this early, I may actually get it accomplished before Christmas this year!

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

http://www.heritagemakers.com/index.cfm

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03
    2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
    BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
    (Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/sty...onths-bfar.jpg

wookiewoo Guest

I know some people don't like them, but I have always had good experiences with Mypublisher.com
    Right now they have a coupon FALL2550 that gives 25% off a $50+ order or 50% off a $100+ order. If you're ordering multiples that might not be bad. I know they run a lot of different offers.
    Almost all the major online printing stores offer books of some kind, snapfish.com, winkflash.com, even walmart's online photo center too. I can't vouch for their quality, but maybe someone else can?

HTH
    Heather

Just wanted to second Heritage Makers. They are a little more expensive but are BEAUTIFUL! You can check out the gallery to see recently completed books. It is great inspiration!

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Actually, a friend of mine just did one through shutterfly and it was beautiful. Not only that, but they have a coupon code right now that is good until the end of October for free shipping. Might be worth checking out. The code is PBKC-SHIP. Good luck!
    Michelle