Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Felted stocking pattern?

I need to make some Christmas stockings this year and since I'm due with DD#2 12/27 I better get going! I plan to crochet them and then felt them, and was wondering if anyone had any good patterns. I'd love to knit them, but I'm not that good (or fast) and if I spend all that time knitting I'm not going to felt the things!! TIA
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

Default RE: Felted stocking pattern?

I looked for a free pattern on the net and could not find anything. I did find two regular crochet patterns. How do you feel about altering a pattern so it can be felted? If you use a larger hook and do half double crochet instead of single they should make a nice felted stocking

Here are the patterns:
    http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/free...nta-LW1264.pdf

http://huggems.netfirms.com/stocking.html

Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yeah, I was thinking that might be what I'd do. I'll probably just make up a pattern, or loosely follow one, and then felt it. I was hoping there would be a pattern out there already so I didn't have to think too hard! Thanks!
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

I knit (but didn't felt) Christmas stockings for E, DH, and myself. I basically made really big socks (thick yarn on big needles). If you could find a crocheted sock pattern, try that, but make it super big and felt it.
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon