Default Need to make wings

I think our soon-to-be-born daughter is going to be a cupid for Halloween. But I need to make some kind of wings... Any ideas? Is posterboard strong enough? How do I get them "on" her? She'll only be a week or so old at the time...Not sure how to attach them or what to attach them to... Suggestions?

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Need to make wings

How about craft foam? You can buy it in sheets at any craft place. Is she wearing anything besides the wings, or is she going to be a nakey cupid? If you're putting her in a onesie or something, you could just do a couple of quick stitches, or you could attach some elastic like a belt of sorts. Does that make sense? I have a picture in my head, but it's hard to describe!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think craft foam would be a great idea. It is soft and light weight so it would be a lot more comfortable for her. Plus you would make it about the same as a poster board one.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

craft foam is a great idea! thx!

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another idea for attaching the wings to a onsie would be to use one side of velcro on the onsie and one side on the wings. That way you can easily remove it if your plans call for being in a carseat.

If you are going the "nekked" route, than you would need to make some sort of elastic arm bands. Check out some fairy wings in a store and see how they made them. It wouldn't be hard.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08