luvmypeanut is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default I need to make sequined shoes for Halloween costume

Help. It's too late to order them now. Can I simply take a glue gun and glue sequins all over a pair of black ballet shoes? I know traditionally sequins are sewed on but I don't have the time or talent for that.
    DD 4/03
    DS 2/05

Default RE: I need to make sequined shoes for Halloween costume

Do they need to be sequined? You could also use a watered down suber strength glue in a spray bottle (something like gorilla glue mixed with water) and black glitter. Just spray the shoes down with the glue and pour the glitter over them. It would be so much less time consuming and OCD inducing than hot glueing a million sequins onto a pair of shoes!
    They also have fabric glue at most craft stores like Michaels that would likely work.
    Also, you may want to check Payless, if there's one around you. They have glittery ballet flats in right now.
    HTH!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

luvmypeanut is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

They just have to be sparkly so the glitter is a great idea. I'll check out Payless for the shoes, then Walmartand Ben Franklin for the glue. I don't think we have any other craft stores in the area.

Thanks!
    DD 4/03
    DS 2/05

tarabenet is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sorry, I just saw this. We do a lot of work with ballet community theater groups. There are many roles/shows for which the girls (and less often the guys) need sparkly shoes. If you have time (which you probably don't at this point, I know!) it helps to spray paint the shoes in a color close to the glitter color. Then use the spray adhesive and start dumping on the glitter. Do this outside, as it is even messier than you think. Cloth shoes (like satin) will take this treatment better than leather or vinyl will. DC will be leaving behind a trail of glitter, so put the shoes on outside before going to the party or trick-or-treating!