Default crafts with toilet paper rolls?

So I've been saving empty toilet paper rolls because I have it in my head that they would be great for crafts. But I don't know of any that uses them. :) Ideas? Or should I just recycle them all now?

Caroline
    mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

and one on the way, due 2/26/07

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: crafts with toilet paper rolls?

I think they make great puppet 'bodies'. You can cut them into different lengths and paint them.

For example, if they were cut into 1/2 inch segments and green, they can be linked together into a caterpillar.

Or about 2 inches long and you have bird bodies, lady bugs, pig snouts, you name it. Little fingers can fit right inside.

I'm also big into free style play. Paint them any color, glue on wiggle eyes, pipe cleaner limbs...oh, I want to play!
    Have fun!
    Molly

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS's class has made shakers with them. They put dried beans inside and use clear packing tape over the ends with cotton balls on the inside (sticky side) so the beans don't stick. You could decorate the outside or cover with construction paper, but his class left the cardboard plain.

Jerilyn
    DS, 10/03
    DD, 3/06

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Search on the Family Fun site - I know that they had an advent calendar project with TP rolls, I'm sure that they have more!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009