BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default sock monkey socks and fabric

I want to embellish a T-shirt and jeans for my toddler. I did find one website that sells the fabric as small as a .25 of a yard.
    But I hate to pay shipping for that and for the socks (from another website). Has anyone seen the "Funky Monkey" prints or classic socks at a chain retailer? Or a website that sells both? I mean with the fabrics and jeans and t I will have over $30 in the outfit before I do any work. Now I understand why those cute "custom" outfits on ebay cost so much!

Any other cute ideas, tips or resources for my sock monkey project?

Default RE: sock monkey socks and fabric

If you knit, or know someone who does, this might make a good hat to complete the ensemble: http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/PATTsockmonkey.html.

I would try a local fabric or quilting store if you've got any nearby. If they don't have it they might be able to special order it for you, so you might save on shipping. I don't know if any of the chain fabric stores will special order, might be worth a call at least, though.

GL!

Jen
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

BaileyBea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: sock monkey socks and fabric

have you looked at:

www.sewmamasew.com

I have seen the material at smaller quilt shops but not at any big retailers. I did see a little boy with a cut out of the Monkey Squares (of different monkeys) and it was a 3x3 square cut out. It was appliqued on his shirt and on the back lower right was one lone monkey square embellished on the back. It was sooooo cute!

I am buying a bunch soon (Like in the next few days). I had a ton of the fabric two years ago that I made into a bunch of stuff for DS. I need more for his upcoming birthday party.

Nancy