Default scrapbook questions

I was going to make a scrapbook as a gift but I have no idea what I am doing. My question is basic but google is not my friend in finding the answer. It seems all the refill pages for the album I bought have page protectors on them? I don't like the look of the page protector and I was hoping to not get them.

Also are pages interchangeable? I was told each manufacturer moved the holes slightly so they wouldn't fit each other. Is this true? The one manufacturer that seemed to have pages without protectors didn't have albums at the store to go with their refills. I don't quite trust this store that answered my questions just enough to sell me some stuff and make me promise to come back when the rest came in from backorder. ugh. Oh, and if there is a site to point to for any advice on where to go for crash course in basics would be great too. I searched this forum and last recommended was gonescrappin.com but they are going out of business and didn't seem to have a lot of information for the beginner.

Thanks

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: scrapbook questions

The Westrim Albums sell pages with or without page protectors. You might be able to buy them at Joanns or Micheals. I had one of their albums but personally, I didn't like it because they are strapbound and I prefer postbound. I like page protectors not only because they protect the pages but most of them allow more flexibility for moving layouts around.

Some pages are interchangeable and some are not. It just depends. Check www.creatingkeepsakes.com for info.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Default RE: scrapbook questions

Thank you!