Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hobey Guest

Default RE: Raquel ?

Jen said it best. I'm not comfortable with keeping the formula longer than an hour due to bacterial concerns so we pitch it if he doesn't eat it right away.

Raquel
    Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

Default RE: If baby doesn't finish bottle do u offer it again later ?

I agree with what everyone says....she will let you know when she is hungry etc. Lil'bit goes every three to four hours...but sometimes its every two to three just gotta know her cues .....I also thought that I would add that we re-refridgerate our EBM bottles and use them sometimes the next day - reheating and all. Per my LC the small amount of bacteria that gets into the bottle is more or less fought off by the good bacteria in the breast milk and the benefits outweigh the "risks" and besides that its soo hard to toss that liquid gold! HTH

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

re-refridgerating it shouldn't be a problem, but you can't rewarm it then. so leave it out, or refridgerate and give it cold.

and definitely toss after 1 hour.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03

TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Deborah

Thank you I am planning on getting the book.

amp Guest

If Sydney does *not* drink out of the bottle, you can refrigerate it for 24 hrs I think. If she drinks some and stops, you can only save it (refrigerated or not) for 1 hr. We sometimes stretch that to about 1 hr and 20 min. or so, but that's it. It has to be dumped after that. Bacteria can breed in the bottle after that point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2