deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Survey about formula received in mail...

Does anyone know anything about The Research Institue of Mother and Child Care? I googled it and came up with zilch. This survey asks tons of questions about formula - are they just conducting marketing research for formula companies?
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

jsoares Guest

Default RE: Survey about formula received in mail...

Hi:

I found a reference to an institute named "Research Institute for Mother and Child Care" located in Prague in the CV of a researcher from Ohio State U.

http://www.med.ohio-state.edu/tafhom...biosketch.html

Searching for this slightly different name I found work from the institute cited in reputable publications.

Hope this helps.
    Jorge Soares

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, it definitely says "The Research Institue OF Mother and Child Care" on the survey. The address is a PO Box in Columbus OH. Interesting that your link is to Ohio State U, maybe it is related somehow...
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

jsoares Guest

It is possible that some researchers at Ohio State might be associated with the above mentioned institute in Prague or they are working on a project with someone from there.
    This could explain why the survey would be sent from Ohio.

However, a slight change,"error" in the name of the institution would definitely raise my eye brows.
    I don't mind completing surveys for companies that produce goods that I am interested in. It might help them taylor the goods to my needs or preferences. However, if that is the case with this survey, it is done in a such a deceptive way that I would just shove it in the trash bag... or recycle.

Jorge

amp Guest

Deborah - I got this kind of stuff in the mail after DS was born and I tossed it. I thought about filling it out to possibly get some free stuff, but I decided that I just didn't want to take the chance of giving them my info and then having it sold out there. I just didn't trust them.

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got that survey too. And I really didn't like the questions. So I chucked it.

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03