Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    amp Guest

Default RE: What brand of formula do you use?

We used Enfamil Lipil (w/ DHA & ARA) until DS was about 6 or 7 mths old. We've now switched to Target's Healthy Baby brand. It is the same (by the same company Wyeth) as Walmart's Parent's Choice brand. We use the DHA/ARA formula, but at this point I think we probably don't need to. I've just stuck w/ it since he's been using that kind since birth.

hobey Guest

We started with Similac Advanced but have now switched over to Costco's Kirkland brand and DS has been fine. We think both Similac and Kirkland are made by Abbot (based on info from other boards) but we've had no luck confirming that info so we decided to try the Kirkland to see if DS is OK with it.

Raquel
    Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

akc Guest

Hi - Does anyone remember how much the:
    1) Target Healthy Baby brand is,
    2) Walmart Parent's Choice brand is, and
    3) BJ's Berkeley and Jenson brand is?
    (I got prices for Costco Kirkland)

I'm trying to compare to Similac Advance (which is even more expensive than Enfamil Lipil), so the value size can? I should really make a chart of all these - I will if I can get some responses...

thx in advance!
    Alexa

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default Kirklands Costco brand at $17 for a big can

...with no problems!!!!
    Now they use to have it without the ARA/DHA and they swtiched back in August to carry this, that changed the price up to $17 vs $14. Tristan pretty much slet thru the night until the week they changed it and I have always wondered if it was slightly because of that additive...I'll never know and could just be a real coincindence.

I NEVER would have considered this brand if it was not for these boards and the rave this brand got way back when...

So glad that it worked, it saved us tons!!!!
    Neve
    http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

tina-t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Similac advance, is what we use. Ds can be sensitive to some foods so we never bothered changing to something different.
    Christina

Mom to 2 little ones

akc Guest

Hi there (Hi Neve, long time no posting! :)

I know that no one has time to do this, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the nutritional information for the Kirkland formula? They give them in nutrients/100 calories. I don't expect that you could go down the list on the can (it's pretty long), but maybe someone could take a digital photo of that section of the can and email it to me?

Same goes for the Target Healthy Baby with Aha/Dra if someone has that?

My problem is that Costco is about 20 miles from the city and we don't belong (belong to Sam's, not Costco), so I want to be sure before I haul myself and my two DD's all the way out there! We are much closer to a Walmart and Target.

I found a comparison for Parent's Choice (Walmart) with the FDA regulations, Enfamil Lipil, and Similac Advance: http://www.parentschoiceformula.com/compare.html Pretty interesting - you can see how close Enfamil Lipil and Similac Advance are. There are some differences btwn Parent's Choice, but not in the MAJOR nutrients. That's why I want to compare to Kirland's. I just really want her to be able to digest it easily - we've had no problems with Similac Advance (though we've only used it so I didn't know about Enfamil Lipil's better disolving), but need to save some $$$!

My email is [email protected] - Thanks!

Alexa

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

I have no more cans or I would!!!!!
    I wonder if a search in a search engine might reveal that...
    Neve
    http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

momof3girls Guest

I know of a MLM, that has formula reasonable. Its 59.00 for 6 cans of the powder + 5.75 shipping I believe. I have been getting mine through them for almost a year. By the way they are the big 1lb cans. Email me if you want some more info. [email protected]

hobey Guest

Default RE: Pics of Costco Can

Just had DH take these since DS doesn't want to be put down.....Needless to say, he found the request kind of odd.

Raquel
    Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

akc Guest

Default RE: Pics of Costco Can

You are a STAR! Actually, all of you are GODDESSES(+ DH superstar)! Amazing how I have two kids and am just now venturing into the private-label/generic world of baby items. (Typical. I'm the same way about food and store brand vs. my favorites!) In return, I will create a big chart with all this info and post it so folks can feel informed in the future to make these kind of decisions.

Meanwhile, here's what you guys have contributed to my life:

My new world:
    Kirkland Signature with AHA/DRA
    49 cents / oz for the 36 oz can

compared to my former life:
    Similac Advance
    84 cents / oz for the 30.8 oz can

By the way, I'm also in love with White Cloud diapers from Walmart. They are just as stretchy as Pampers Custom Fit Cruisers and I actually think there are little bit softer (when dry and wet) + been able to hold a lot more of a 20-month old diaper (had some spillage recently with the Pampers!) My husband did a study at his consulting firm (big-name firm, don't know why they were studying diapers!) and found them to be the best in quality and price. Save us about $10 per box of diapers! Yippee!

Thanks to all - I'll post the chart soon!
    Alexa

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast