Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Get OFF my boob!

Yes Yes Yes!!! I could've posted this last month. It was the night nursing that was driving me batty. I declared to DH one night that I would never breastfeed again, and that my boobs were going to be closed to everyone. OK so it was the sleeplessness that was talking.

Rachel is right, it was teething that was causing me to feel this way. Her teeth have come in and she's sleeping through the night again now. I have a much better attitude towards nursing now. I think she wanted marathon nursing sessions at night, because she wasn't eating as much and was making up for it. Now that I know what was going on, I guess I'll be better prepared when the other teeth come in.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

jmofarrill Guest

According to everyone's responses and posts, this is a developmental thing this month for babies around the May/June mark! LOL Anwyn has become so active, and with eight little teeth (a couple of them just pushing through), we had some rough nights the past couple of weeks. It's MUCH better now. One thing that I did to help with the feeling of impatience while nursing was to increase my nursing at the computer. I sit in the chair with the Boppy, hold Anwyn tight with one arm, and she nurses while I surf and post. She's asserting her independance (sp?), so she doesn't want my help so much while nursing, so nak'ing works really well for us now. It's funny, though, it seems like she wants to nurse more than ever now, so I'm positive we'll be nursing for a while longer.

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, he finally got some milk out of me, about 30 minutes after I posted. I chugged a bunch of water and things got better. i think I might have been a little dehydrated because I was out and about a lot yesterday and it was quite hot here (sorry to those still dealing with winter conditions) and maybe I didn't drink enough water.

Well, it does feel better to know I am not alone in this. I really hardly even think about breastfeeding anymore, just do it, up until about the last week. It is so weird to be having breastfeeding problems this late in the game!
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

bluej Guest

Ryden seems to want to nurse more often now too. Actually, it's not full on nursing. It's more like he's thirsty and doesn't want water, so he tugs on my shirt and when I let him nurse he takes a few quick drinks and then resumes playing. I think I really want to be done w/ all daytime nursing by summer. I don't know how to go about weaning though :( My other two weaned themselves at 8 months (Alex) and 11 months (Caden).

Caleb just turned one and I swear that he's wanting to nurse now more than ever! Many times he will just lie there with the boob in his mouth and not really DOING anything with it, but it I try to take him off he screams! I have a feeling he's not drinking as much milk lately because I can't pump nearly as much these days but time-wise he's on a lot! He also still generally "asks" to nurse 5-6 times/day. Hasn't changed since he was 5 months old! I agree about the teeth. He only had 2 until about 8 weeks ago, then started to get 4 top teeth at once. Now that those top ones are a bit farther in I've been finding myself with sore nipples and a few blisters - OUCH! I've read that they almost have to re-learn how to latch as more teeth come in, so I guess I just need to be more patient. No advice here, just empathy!
    Lynne
    Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

LoveMyBug Guest

Could you be pregnant, or fixin to start your period?

I get REALLY impatient with DS when it is that time of the month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2