cdmamatutu Guest

Default Silicone baking pan (AKA frozen cube tray) LOL

Maybe this has been mentioned here before, but I wanted to say how much I am loving my silicone mini-muffin pan! My ice cube trays bit the dust a few months ago, and I had about 2 cups of fruit puree to freeze so I started looking around my kitchen in desperation. I don't know why I never thought of this sooner, but the mini-muffin size cups hold the same amount as the sections in my ice cube trays, and you just pop the frozen cubes out...no need to run warm water over the bottom of the tray to release the cubes...no twisting...I LOVE THIS THING!!! :) Does anyone else have any kitchen gadgets that have a secret identity?? LOL I'm looking through my cupboards with a totally different view now.

Default RE: Silicone baking pan (AKA frozen cube tray) LOL

oooooh. i am going to try that for baby brother's food! i only have two ice cube trays, so i will need to buy more anyway!

Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

quikeye Guest

Default RE: Silicone baking pan (AKA frozen cube tray) LOL

Hehe, I thought you were going to post about babes loving to chew on soft plastic ice cube trays :) We have a bunch from ikea that I have used ot freeze his food cubes in fun shapes, but he got a hold of one one day and thought it was hilarious to chew, bang, throw and trace his fingers round the fun shapes :)

http://www.ikea-usa.com/PIAimages/09286_PE085764_S3.jpg