Thread: Gas?

momma_boo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Gas?

Is it possible for them to get gas just at night?
    Several times, Sarah has woken up after sleeping for a few hours, screaming. We've just assumed it was a tooth bothering her (her 4th tooth is coming in these days) and gave her some advil. After 10 minutes of more screaming, she usually calms down and falls asleep in my arms.

Last night, I started to wonder if perhaps it was gas. She's never really had gas pain before, so I'm not sure how to tell if that's what's bothering her. But on my hunch, I started rubbing her belly and it seemed to calm her down a little bit. If this happens again, should I try giving her some Mylicon?

We have started introducing whole milk to her. But she doesn't have any problems during the day, which is odd.

Someone else experience this before?

Esther

2 March girls (2003 and 2005)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Gas?

It could be from the whole milk - gas is one sign of lactose intolerance (Colin has this). The only thing I noticed during the day was more fussiness, looser stool and a reddish bum. But as soon as we cut out the milk, all that went away. There's a good write-up on www.askdrsears.com - I have a toddler trying to climb on me so can't find it for you now.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009